UCEP, Inc.’s Press Release
605 Matisse Way, Williamstown, NJ 08094
ULAA Council of Eminent Persons (UCEP, Inc.)
Est. March 2008
The Use of ‘KROKROGEE’ Tactics to Break Up UCEP, Inc.
Williamstown, NJ – November 1, 2023: Due to a longstanding disagreement between the independent incorporated UCEP, Inc., Chair by Eminent Dr. Jesse M. Cooper, Sr. and the UCEP founded by President Gale D. Sleh, Jr.’s administration; found it necessary to reach a compromise. The meeting was chaired by Eminent Mydea Reeves-Karpeh. Instead of first reaching a compromise, one of the items on the agenda was the elections of officers.
The independent incorporated UCEP, Inc. finds this line of reasoning to be devious and not in the interests of unity. The independent incorporated UCEP, Inc. finds this approach highly deceiving and not for the stated purpose of compromise in order to unite both groups. Find below the meaning of compromise.
The definition of compromise is an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions. In our situation, the two sides in dispute were not listened to, so as to come to a compromise acceptable to both groups. Instead, the Gale D. Sleh’s UCEP held a meeting with the intent to break up UCEP, Inc. chair by Eminent Dr. Cooper.
In fact, there is sufficient evidence in UCEP, Inc.’s records to validate reason for which Gale D. Sleh’s UCEP refused to join UCEP, Inc.’s meeting when invited. Most of his refusals to attend were based on conditions unacceptable to UCEP, Inc. therefore, during his presidency of ULAA; he never attended or honored any UCEP, Inc.’s scheduled meeting on the reasons stated below.
ISSUES OF DISAGREEMENT
1) President Gale D. Sleh’s ULAA Administration objected to UCEP, Inc. having separate Constitution, By-Laws and Code of Conduct apart from ULAA.
2) Secondly, ULAA amended its Constitution, included an independent UCEP, Inc. as a Committee responsible for mediation. This was done without consulting the leadership of UCEP, Inc. It was a disrespect and total disregard for civility. Such ‘KROKROGEE’ tactic is unacceptable, and we were NOT going to tolerate it from any leader of ULAA.
The independent incorporated UCEP, Inc., Chair by Eminent Dr. Jesse M. Cooper, Sr. WAS NOT DISSOLVED. The UCEP, Inc. Chair by Eminent Dr. Cooper remains the legitimate organization. Let it be known that UCEP, Inc. does NOT recognize the elections held on October 30, 2023 Winston-Salem, at which the following persons were elected:
1. Mr. David K. Flomo
2. Mr. Gaye D. Sleh, Jr.
3. Dr. George Toto
In addition, Gale D. Sleh’s UCEP should cease from attributing a quote in EP Dr. Cooper’s name, which states: “Eminent Dr. Jesse Cooper, Sr., Chair of UCEP, Inc. supports the newly elected leaders of Gale D. Sleh’s UCEP.
We know those who are behind these kinds of Godpa-Control freak behaviors in Gale D. Sleh’s UCEP. We cannot continue to condone these behaviors. Enough is enough!
Done this 2th day of November 2023, in the City of Williamstown, New Jersey, USA.
Signed: Siahyonkron Nyanseor, Sr. Approved: Jesse M. Cooper, Sr.
EP Siahyonkron Nyanseor, Sr. EP Dr. Jesse M. Cooper, Sr.
For the Record, Find below UCEP, Inc. Position:
Dissenting Position on the Organization’s July 11, 2021, Decision
Issued by Opposing Members of UCEP
WE THE OPPOSING DISSENTING MEMBERS of UCEP, Inc.; do so based on preserving the integrity and the Constitution, By-Laws and Code of Conduct of the ULAA Council of Eminent Persons (UCEP), Inc.
If we are to be: “Leading the way forward for a united and strong Liberia” as our Motto clearly states, we need to set examples in all matters; you do not cherry-pick and decide how we should function at your will. It is NOT only disingenuous and repulsive, but uprightly disrespectful and unpatriotic at best.
It is in this manner we are opposed to the following:
1. We cannot be a partner to a ULAA leadership that does not recognize the legally registered organization (UCEP), Inc. The current ULAA Constitution was amended without our input. The leadership unilaterally decided to make us a Commission; and the only function assigned to us in the amended Constitution is to resolve disputes in ULAA. And to add insult to injury, the leadership demands we do away with our Constitution, By-Laws and Code of Conducts that was unanimously approved and adopted by the members of UCEP for over TEN YEARS.
2. Furthermore, the recent observation and suggestions made by EP Ranney B. Jackson, Sr. to have UCEP’s Constitution/By-Laws revised is disrespectful and without merit. We cannot be a Commission of ULAA, and perform the tasks outlined in ULAA’s current Constitution that was amended without our consent and input.
3. And to vote in favor of having former Presidents and Chairmen of the Board to be empowered to resolve the current crisis in the Union is unacceptable to us.
4. EP Mydea Reeves-Karpeh and EP David Flomo voted against the decision but when they left; another meeting was called, during which EP Reeves-Karpeh was appointed in her absence to head a committee.
5. We cannot believe that some of ULAA and UCEP’s former presidents will be charged with the responsibilities as mediators. Which side are these former leaders who are serving as mediators are on? How then can anyone expect credibility and integrity in such exercise?
6. In fact, for UCEP’s Chair to allowed votes to be taken on Sunday, July 11, 2021 that enables former presidents of ULAA to serve as MEDIATORS is against the principal and objectives we have cherished ALL these YEARS as Advocates on behalf of the Liberian people at HOME and in the Diaspora, that has turned into a SOCIAL SERVICE ORGANIZATION.
7. Finally, it is a complete disregard to appoint some of us in absentia; without first finding out whether we are available to serve on a committee in these challenging times. We are not setting the good examples, for which UCEP was established. This votes the Chair processed is in direct contradiction to our MOTTO: “Leading the way forward for a united and strong Liberia”.
In summary, we leave with you a quote by historian Dr. John Henrik Clarke; it reads:
History is the clock that people use to tell their political and cultural time of day. It is also a compass that people use to find themselves on the map of human geography. It tells a people where they are but, more importantly, what they must be.
Since we do not want to deviate from heading in the RIGHT direction, we proudly dissent with the decision taken by UCEP, and do submit our Dissenting Position to the officers and members of UCEP; to be on RECORD that we will not participate in any such mediation like CHAMELEONS, Today or Tomorrow. NEVER!
Done this 17th day of July 2021, in the City of Hampton, GA 30228 USA
Signed: Siahyonkron Nyanseor Signed: Mydea Reeves-Karpeh
EP Siahyonkron Nyanseor, Sr. EP Mydea Reeves-Karpeh
Signed: Mohammed S. Kromah
EP Mohammed S. Kromah